January 25, 2007

Dental Clearance!

I'm dentally cleared!! Yeah. This means that I am officially invited to the Peace Corp. There are a whole bunch of things you have to do before you can join the Peace Corp including being cleared by Medical, Legal, and Dental. I had already had my Medical and Legal Clearances, but I was waiting on my last set of Xrays before I could be dentally cleared. Now I am done!

The next step is getting my staging instructions. Staging is the two or three days you spend in the US before you fly out. Most likely my staging is in Philly which is slightly anticlimatic because its 45 minutes away from where all my family lives. Oh well. After staging I fly to Albania and have three months of in country training. The first three months, I will be in or around Elbasan which is a city near the capitol.

The next few weeks are going to be a little nuts for me. My last day of work is February 23 and I move out of my apartment on March 1. Then I will spend a couple of weeks in Downingtown soaking up time with my family and friends. Oh and packing which is another all together.

Wish me luck. My good friend Tiffany told me that I am not very task oriented and I have a lot of tasks to complete between now and then. But I think it will be worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all your teeth are on tight:) I was a little worried....didn't want to have Dr. Rambo break your jaw again!