August 15, 2008

Amf 08

Yesterday, I decided to go to the store. As a good PCer, I am trying to participate in the viral campaign to not use plastic bags at the grocery store. But this time I forgot, so I decided to stick my purchases in my purse.

About half way home, I thought I felt something like water droplets on my leg. It hasn't rained on the coast in about a month, so it wasn't rain. Couldn't see anything, so i ignored it. I walked another 50 feet and felt more drops. I realized it was coming from my purse. So i moved my purse from the back of me to the front of me to investigate.

I had bought a container of kos, which is Albanian yogurt. Some volunteers hate it; I love it. But the container's lid wasn't sealed properly so i had been dumping the entire one liter container of kos into my purse, down the back of my leg and now that I had moved my purse, it was all down the front of my leg. I just kept walking as quick as I could.

I got back to the house and realized that my key was still in my purse. Now the canvas material had acted like a filter, so what had been dripping down my leg was mostly water. I had to shove my hand into the curdled milk. Past my ruined notebook and money bag and squish around in there until I found the key.

I unlocked the door, kos on my pants, kos half way up to my elbows, kos drying in the key hole, and leaking all over the floor. I had to laugh... just another day in Albania

2 comments:

Aiko said...

So the other day in Austria, I shoved two packages of yogurt in my purse because, of course, Austrian grocery stores don't give you free plastic bags. They didn't explode in my purse the way your yogurt did...but I was thinking of you. :-)

Unknown said...

I thought of you today. I had a yogurt in my purse at work. I was walking to the lunch room to put it in the fridge and all the sudden, my side felt wet. Oh crap...I am just like Denise. Thankfully, it was just some crazy amounts of condensation....whew....tradgedy averted! I love you sis!