February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I must admit, I do not view Valentine's Day as a "real" holiday. If you have someone special its a great excuse to tell them that and if not its a great reason to go out with a big group of friends and have an anti-Valentine's Day party.

All this to say, that I was a bit surprised to find out that not only did we get out of school early on Friday, but the school psychologist planned a disco party. The fact that the school psychologists plans disco parties says something, but I'm not sure what.

So, I jumped in a car with some of my teacher friends, followed by three bus loads of teenagers. It was fun to watch my students cut the rug. They danced. I took photos. They begged me to dance with them. I politely declined. They drank. I looked on uncomfortably. After about an hour of floor shaking, techno music, I was mercifully released to head upstairs with my teacher friends and have a nice seafood lunch. And this was all before the final bell would have rung.

Just another long, tough, day at school!

No comments: