September 29, 2009

Walk down memory lane

In my current state of suspended animation, I've been going through a lot of old boxes. It's been a fun walk down memory lane. I found a huge stack of papers that I wrote in elementary and high school. My teachers would always tell me that I would appreciate them some day (and then fail me for having a run-on sentence) and looking back... It's true. And having been a teacher (briefly) I now realize just how hard they were working to get our 5 paragraph essays in tip-top shape.

I also found a few parodies of nursery rhymes that I wrote when I was in high school. They are so ridiculous that I have to post them here. I must have been watching the news when I wrote these because I don't remember being all that aware of current events. Here goes..

OJ Simpson sat on a wall.
OJ Simpson had a great fall.
All the not-guilty verdicts of the jurymen
Couldn't put his reputation back together again.

Little Miss Croat sat on a tuffet
Fighting the Serbs all day.
Along came the UN which gave them a pen
and said sign this treaty today.

3 comments:

L.Wallace said...

Hi Denise!

My name is Lesley Wallace and I've just been invited to become an English teacher in Albania to leave in March! I've really enjoyed reading your blog and was hoping you wouldn't mind answering some questions I have about being a PCV in Albania (especially being a female in Albania...the Peace Corps sent some pretty daunting material in the invite).

If you wouldn't mind emailing me at lawallace226@gmail.com, I'd really appreciate it. I'd feel much more comfortable accepting the invitation if I had a chance to talk to someone first!

Thanks again,
Lesley

Unknown said...

That is too funny!!

kenji said...

lol, I love the second verse.