February 14, 2007

Ice Storm

This is how far I got in shoveling. After this, I was too tired and cold to continue



















This is the river. Makes you want to snowmobile.















My poor car. It is covered in ice.





My gate (frozen shut)
Things that are good about an ice storm:
Guilt free relaxation: It's dangerous to go to work or to go get stuff done
Talking to people: I've talked to every one of my neighbors this morning (even ones I had never met!)
The trees look pretty


Bad things about an ice storm:
Shoveling
Clearing your car
Having a craving for soup and not having anywhere to get any.

1 comment:

Greg and Carla said...

sorry about your gate! hope you got dug out today. i skipped work today. since i went in yesterday and no one else did, i decided to take today off. well, greg had off from school today so that had a little to do with it. talk to you soon. maybe we should go on that cruise!!