February 24, 2007

School's Out for Summer!!

Yesterday was my last day of work. Its such a wierd mix of feelings. It reminded me a lot of graduating from high school. Walking out of the building for the last time brought this odd mix of relief, fear of the future, and excitement. It hit me at odd moments like when I clicked Shut Down on my computer and got a bit teary eyed.

I am really excited, but I will miss everyone I worked with. For the last five years, I had such a great time. I learned a ton about myself. It's amazing to think back to my very first day as a trainee. I was so nervous about the whole experience and now I'm starting it all over again.

I had an awesome goodbye party which was really bittersweet. It was great to have everyone there hanging out and enjoying themselves. These are the times that I will miss. I have a few things that I will not miss, but nostalgia is already setting in and my days of work of taking on a rosy glow.

Thanks to everyone I worked with. I love ya and keep it up. You are all incredible people who deserve to be applauded.

For those of you who have been with me since the beginning - I will never forget being a CWP, having "discussions" about politics, Howard Stern, the Redskins, Lancaster County and all my other crazy opinions, beng yelled at for my trusting nature, soaping the floors, climbing a volcano, meeting a teef who smells bad, and wearing pearls to my interview. Don't worry - the stories will continue.

1 comment:

Cinzia said...

I am sure SEPTA will miss you