December 01, 2009

I'm Engaged!


Matt came to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with my family (with a side trip to South Carolina to visit his sister and her family.) On Saturday, we headed out to Valley Forge to see the historical sites. After a walking tour and a gun demonstration from some Park Rangers, we went to the Washington Memorial Chapel and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes. The chapel is beautiful and the moment was perfect. The ring is turquoise and a diamond (his birthstone and mine.) It's non-traditional and just perfect for me.

He plays the guitar, wrote the famous Mire song, speaks Russian and Albanian, loves to read the almanac, and is the love of my life.

I'm happy, excited, and still can't believe that I'm engaged. The next couple of months are going to be a whirlwind. But I can't wait to start the marriage adventure.