December 20, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes


This time last year, I was living in Albania, starting to look for jobs, considering graduate school or moving to Thailand to teach English, and who knows what else. I enjoyed my birthday in the company of Peace Corps Volunteers and open source Guitar Hero.

This year, I'm engaged, starting a new job, moving to DC and then (somewhere) overseas, and preparing to add 4 nephews or nieces to my family. Two from Matt's side (Levi and Luke) and two from my side. Whew!

I'm getting married on January 30th at the Kimberton Inn. It will be a small wedding with only a handful of family and friends, but I think it will be perfect. I've been having fun planning the wedding and it adds a dash of excitement that it's so soon.

A few days ago, I got official word that I am invited to the February class as a Junior Foreign Service Officer for the Department of State. I'll start on February 16th and be in Washington DC for at least 4 months for my training. It might be more if I need language training.

I don't know where I'll be posted yet, but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

1 comment:

kenji said...

Hey Denise, sorry I'm late to wish you a happy birthday! Can't wait to find out where they send you.