July 19, 2007

Swing It


This is me being artistic. This is a classic Albanian house. It is made out of cement and only the first floor is finished. Typically, they will finish part of a house and live in it and when they get more money will finish another section.
This is the Albanian train system. I've never actually taken one, but it might be an adventure.

Here is the ampitheatre in Durres. It's second century Roman. Pretty cool stuff. There is a 5th century basilica in here too and it has a a mosaic. There are some great old ruins in Albania that are pretty unexplored because there aren't many tourists. Although the day we went, we ran into a Polish bus tour. Just another random day in Albania.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure it is not 6th century?

Unknown said...

So when you sent me that picture, I thought that was an abandoned train. I had to look closer once you posted it to see that it was actually in use!