July 09, 2007

An Enterprise in your belly

A new one day in the Life of Denise

I am now out of Training so things are very different for me. I wake up around 6 and read books. In case you didn't know, I read a lot so I'm catching up with some great stuff and my wonderful mother sent me a ton to read. I head to the school at 9. Right now, classes are over for the year, but the teachers still report and do grading and other things to close out the year. I usually go to coffee with a couple of teachers. This might not sound like work but it is because I generally only speak Shqip at coffee which taxes my brain. It is also very good because I'm getting to know a lot of the teachers much better which will help me when I start school again in the fall.

This week, I started teaching classes at an organization here. The students are great. its been fun to jump into lesson planning and other things. They are pretty close to being beginners so my Shqip is about as good as their English. Next week, I'm starting a course at the school for teachers who want to improve their English.

After classes, I usually head back to the house for a siesta through the hottest part of the day. Then I go to the internet. I have another class later in the afternoon. After the class, It's back to house for dinner then I go on a nice long walk and explore Kavaje or go for a coffee with one of my friends.

It's definintly a different life than in my previous job. For those of you who work where I used to work. I just heard the news about the budget crisis and my thoughts are with you. I remember the stress that last year caused and can't imagine what it is like there now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that talking to the teachers can be quite difficult. I remember I had a headache for the first month I was in Mexico bc I was thinking so hard all of the time trying to figure out what they were all saying.

I love you sis! B will send more videos soon:)