June 26, 2007

Shkoj ne Plazh

This weekend was great. I went to the beach with my school direcotr for a day. It was a lot of fun. There is some debate here about the cleanliness of the Albanian beaches, but so far i seem to have survived. It is getting really hot here (around 96-100 degrees) and there are very few places that are cool and no public place (that I know of) in Kavaje that I can go to with an air conditioner. So the beach was great. The Adriatic doesn't really have many waves like the Atlantic, but it is much warmer so you don't freeze going in to the water. As far as I know there are no jelly fish or other stingy things. Also, they have coffee shops and restauraunts right up along the edge of the beach so if it gets to sunny you can go there to relax and have a coffee. Also, guys with donkeys come and sell fruit to you... Not making this up. It's great. If you want to come visit, let me know. I'd be happy to take you there.

No comments: