September 24, 2007

A Bear with a Pocket

Today bird droppings landed on my head. Fortunately, in Albania this means good luck. If, however, I had done something to increase my chances of getting bird droppings in my hair, it would not have been good luck. Like the time, I went to the beach and accidentally put my bathing suit top on backwards. That was good luck, but they very seriously asked me if I had done it intentionally. If I had, it would have canceled out the good luck.
There are also a lot of things which are bad luck. One of them is naming your children before they are born. I stopped telling people the name of my unborn nephew (Bennett) because they were so worried about the whole situation. So remember, the next time a bird goes on your head. It's good luck so smile!

2 comments:

Greg and Carla said...

what does a bear with a pocket have to do with bird poop? please explain??

Greg and Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.