May 25, 2007

Bushi or Clinton

So I'm at the counterpart conference in Durres right now. it's a great town that is right on the Adriatic Sea. Sigh, its tough to be a Peace Corp volunteer. No, actually its been really good. I've gotten to meet my counterpart (the woman I'll be working with for the next two years) She is really enthusiastic so I'm excited to get started. Next week, I get to spend the whole week in Kavaje experiencing the new site!!

I'm really ready to check it out and start to get an idea of what I'll be doing. Up until now, things have been a bit theoretical. Once I get there and start talking to people I'll be able to have a better idea of what I'll be doing.

Today, we went to Tirana which is the capital. We got to seea lot of resources and had an amazing lunch at the mexican/chinese place. Albanian food is very good, but tends to be a lot of repeats especially in the villages. It was good to get a different flavor. I also bought diet coke. Good to be in the capital and get a tiny piece of home.

I finished my 5 hour marathon language sessions. I give a shout out to those of you who put up with me for 5 hours a day learning Shqip. We still have a test in a few weeks where we have to speak to our teachers in Shqip. I think I should be OK, but I've got a little bit of practicing to do.

Tomorrow night is the talent show and my language group is doing a song and dance routine. Since I have no talent in either of those things it should be interesting. Cross your fingers. I will let you know how it goes

Also, my dear sister katie has come up with an idea for posting pics. It will be my weeks project. so hopefully I will have some posted soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that you can get both Mexican and Chinese at the same location!