May 21, 2007

It's Mire?!?

So another week of PST down. Just a few more to go and these ones should go really quickly. This weekend I went to Pogradec with my host family. It's this really pretty town with a lake. The lake is halfway in Albania and halfway in Macedonia. So I saw Macedonia. It was really nice, but the weather wasn't great. It rained a few times which made it less fun to talk around. After walking around for a while, we went to this restauraunt on a little river and watched the ducks swim. Then we took a rowboat around the river area for a bit. That was fun. I ran into a bunch of volunteers so now my host family thinks i'm very popular. It was a really good day. very relaxing. I have a friend who is moving to Pogradec. He's lucky. It is a really nice town.
I only have 3 more days of official language training. Then at the end of the week I go to a conference in Durres and then after that I head to Kavaje to check it out for a week. I'm really curious what it will be like. I'm going to live there for two years so I'm dying to see it. My host family offered to take me up earlier, but I figured that I would wait like everyone else.
Nothing else exciting to report except that we finished our community project!! We made English language posters with about 25 kids and they really seemed to enjoy it. It was fun.
Oh, one mini story. A four year old asked me today if I had a brother because she wanted to marry him. Unfortuately for her, my only brothers are happily married! (and possibly a little to old for her) It was really funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the language barrier is really catching up with you..."which made it less fun to talk around"

Love you sis! Keep on posting, I love the stories:)