April 11, 2007

The Krew

As an update to my making food adventures. I appreciate all the suggestions, but I think that you overestimated my cooking abilities or the availability of american cooking supplies in Albania or my ability to communicate in Albanian.

Anyway. I ended up food processing tomatoes and throwing in pepper, salt, olive oil, basil and throwing it on top of macaroni. Then at the last second I melted a lot of butter and threw that in and tossed it around.

It vaguely resembled spaghetti sauce (but not really) Not my most succesful cooking adventure, but I didn't have a lot to go on. And I do know that spaghetti sauce is not particularly american, but its tough cooking american here. The important thing was that it was a cross cultural exchange. And the family all ate it so it couldn't have been that bad.

In other news, I'm going down south at the end of the week for a site visit. I'm really excited about that. I will post more later!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad to hear all is going well! What's your email address? The only one i know is dengreen, which i'm pretty sure is inactive. As far as the food goes, I'm just glad you didn't attempt to make perioges for your host family!

Depster said...

Erin, i can't post it on here and i don't have yours, but talk to Lisa. She has it. I asked her for it but she hasn't responded yet!!