April 21, 2007

Site Announcement

So its official. I know where I will be for the next two years. I'll be in Kavaja. Its a town near the coast. South of Durres. And near the beach and fairly close to the capitol. I'm really happy with the placement. I'll be really close to several very cool volunteers. You know who you are!

Yeah! It's such a relief to know.

So some funny language blunders just to give you a laugh. I'm trying to increase my vocab (and have learned past tense) but I still really mess things up. There are a lot of words that sound very similar, but are completely different.

For example, I introduced a friend of mine to a bunch of people as my school. I also told a group of kids that my brother in law was a drum. Finally, I constantly am telling people that I eat little girls for breakfast (instead of eggs) Not even joking.

On a brighter note, we had this exercise where we go around with a language teacher around the city and they observe us speaking with Albanians. I did all right.

Talk to you all later.... I miss you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The coast huh? Woohoo!!

Unknown said...

There is a lovely Porsche dealership in Kavaje! Maybe you can take a test drive!

Jess said...

Haha -- you eat little girls for breakfast! Way to make friends, Denise. I'd hate to know what you eat for dinner. ;)